A joke is circulating in the job market. Interviewers often ask candidates, "Tell me about yourself," even though the candidate has already provided that information in written form. It seems like a mere formality. Then they ask, "Why do you want to join us, and why are you leaving your current job?" The candidate has already explained that they are looking for new opportunities and a salary hike.
If someone has worked somewhere for a short period, interviewers often ask, "Why have you changed jobs so frequently?" The candidate then has to explain their reasons for changing jobs. Ultimately, the conversation should focus on the job responsibilities, as the interview should always center around the job’s requirements. It doesn’t matter how you performed in your past jobs unless you were terminated or involved in some dispute. The key issue is how well the candidate matches the current job requirements.
If the candidate fulfills all the job criteria, HR will assess them on a 100% scale. The selection committee often chooses the best performer, but they should remember that no one can give 100% in an interview. If a candidate has been shortlisted for an interview, it means their resume already meets the necessary standards. What’s crucial is to see how they perform based on the job’s responsibilities.
Frankly speaking, I’m tired of questions like "Tell me about yourself" or "Why are you leaving your current job?" Interviewers should directly ask about the job’s demands and requirements. They can verify the candidate's qualifications and experience, and assess them through practical and theoretical tests. They can confirm certificates and experience through the provided references. If necessary, they can ask the candidate if they have any political or organizational connections, such as recommendations from employees, officials, or middlemen working in the organization. Please do not waste your time, as well as the candidate's time and money.
There’s no need to act like a "Godfather." Please stop exploiting job seekers. I’ve faced such absurd questions and mental pressure myself. If a candidate fulfills 70-90% of the job requirements and desperately needs the job, then give them the job.
The job crisis in India is not new, but corruption and internal contacts manipulating job opportunities have become a new issue. I’ve written several blogs about the unhealthy atmosphere of the Indian job culture. I urge employers not to underestimate deserving candidates in favor of internal referrals or so-called "perfect" candidates.
I’m still waiting for the right opportunity, though I’m not sure when or if it will come. Still, I won’t compromise my attitude. I have always been a unique personality, and I won’t lose my self-respect and honesty. I’m grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way and those that will come. Best wishes to the interviewers in the selection committees.
कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:
एक टिप्पणी भेजें